School Resilience Programme
A whole school approach to mental health is recognised as the best practice method of addressing the mental health needs of children and young people within the school environment. Through extensive experience gained supporting mental health in schools, we have we collaborated with 25 schools, both primary and secondary, and the NHS to create our proven School Resilience Programme.
The School Resilience Programme is the first UK based large scale Positive Education Programme designed with and for UK schools, the NHS and leading national mental health and children’s charities.
Whole School Resilience
Our School Resilience Programme works to support a whole school approach to increasing the resilience and emotional wellbeing of every individual within a school. The theory and practice behind the programme is drawn from a robust evidence base, comprising of government frameworks and guidelines combined with effective evidence based approaches to Positive Education demonstrated to improve resilience and emotional wellbeing.
A Whole School Approach
The School Resilience Programme equips your school with a range of strategies, resources and interventions that become sustained over time to develop an ethos and culture of wellbeing and resilience that benefits everyone in the school community now and in future.
Our approach fits within latest government guidelines and recommendations from the Department for Education, Department of Health, NICE, National Children’s Bureau and Public Health England.
1 Year -School development programme
Who’s it for
- Primary and Secondary schools
- Schools who strive for excellence
- Schools who want to transform and develop their culture to improve wellbeing and resilience
- Multi Academy Trusts
- Groups of schools working together with a shared ethos
- Local authorities
During the programme
- Work intensively with us over a year to develop and embed you whole school culture of wellbeing and resilienceBe
- Be supported by our team of qualified and experienced positive Education Consultants and CoachesComplete
- Complete evidence informed whole school monitoring and evaluation which will pinpoint your starting points for developing culture of resilienceReceive three days of
- Receive three days of in school training for up to 20 staff, who will be Resilience Champions responsibly for embedding resilience in your school.
- Apply evidence based wellbeing and resilience strategies to benefit your whole school and everyone in it
About the Whole School Programme
Through working intensively with our head office team and your own Positive Education Consultant, whole school wellbeing strategies are initially created through working with school leadership teams to assess the current mental health needs of a school. This is done through and inquiry into your school’s current mental health and resilience to identify your unique starting point. The inquiry involves interviews with key staff members, an audit of policy and procedure, a snapshot evaluation of pupil’s resilience and wellbeing levels a measure of school culture and gaining insight directly from the pupils in your school.
Following the inquiry phase, we provide an extensive Resilience Evaluation Report and feedback session which highlights good practice and recognises any gaps. Over the year we then coach and consult with school leaders and named champions to develop a strategy to implement a culture of mental health and wellbeing. We match the school needs and identified priorities through supporting the development of actions. Your Positive Education Consultant will provide regular training, workshops, coaching and consultancy sessions throughout the year. Ensuring momentum and progress are maintained in embedding your whole school approach to resilience and wellbeing.
The programme also provides a three-day training course in developing whole school resilience, training staff in evidence based strategies from positive psychology and positive education. The knowledge gained from the training can then be applied within the school as whole school within year groups or classrooms and to create targeted interventions that can bel applied with groups or individual pupils , parents or staff.
At the end of the academic year we provide a follow up evaluation of pupil’s wellbeing and resilience and school culture to highlight how the programme has impacted on pupils’ resilience levels. This robust report demonstrates the positive impact of the changes you have made and can be used for sharing good practice, for example with Ofsted or quality mark assessments.
We ensure we work in partnership with each school to create a effective approach and a strategy that can be embedded and sustained to fit the schools’ mental health needs.
Benefits of the Programme
- In depth understanding of how resilience and wellbeing can be developed and maintained within your school.
- A sustainable approach to resilience and wellbeing
- School development and improvement through improving wellbeing
- Improved wellbeing for everyone
- Improved school outcomes
- Effective whole school approach to mental health in line with Government guidelines and recommendations.
Kerry Hill Head Teacher Eyres Monsell Primary
“We value well-being – mental, physical and emotional health and see it as a priority to be invested in and developed. We are now expanding our resilience work to further support staff, as education is a demanding and stressful job and staff need resilience as much as pupils. As leaders, we are more confident to see wellbeing and resilience as something that it important and should be prioritised”