FIRST for Work
FIRST for work is our employability programme, specifically designed for unemployed young people or those at risk becoming NEET due to poor mental wellbeing.
Our FIRST for Work programme is a unique personal development and positive education development programme, specifically designed for unemployed young people or those at risk becoming NEET due to poor mental wellbeing.
Who it’s for
- Young people from year 9 upwards, who are at risk of underachieving or becoming NEET.
- The programme is also suitable for young people aged 18 to 24 who are struggling with unemployment have barriers that prevent them going on to gain employment. These barriers include being a young carer, leaving care, having poor mental health, being on Employment Support Allowance, low confidence or substance abuse etc.
Benefits of the Programme
- Learning how to recognise your own strengths and positive attributes and using this to develop confidence levels.
- Building confidence in approaching someone new, whether this is a potential friend, employer or colleague.
- Understanding how important it is to participate in situations and how rewarding this can be.
- Developing choice and control over thinking and behaviour, which can result in improved motivation, confidence, self-belief and goal attainment.