We’re delighted to announce that we have been commissioned by Clinical Commissioning Groups to deliver our resilience programme in schools and colleges across Leicester City and Leicestershire.
The local LLR Future in Mind Transformational plan as agreed by NHS England in 2015 aims to prevent mental illness from developing and to build emotional health and resilience in the children and young people of Leicester and Leicestershire. The plan promises to promote and protect children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing and through working with schools (both staff and pupils) to raise awareness of mental health issues and develop resilience. Young people in Leicester have also said that they want to have the confidence to talk about emotional problems openly and without stigma.
There is a clear need for Worth-It services and our programme will work with staff, children and parents; taking a whole-school approach.
We aim to improve mental wellbeing by providing schools and colleges in Leicestershire the tools to build emotional resilience. Primarily focusing on children aged 8-16; we will offer the programme to twenty schools across the region.
The resilience programme covers:
- Provision of a ‘young people’s voice session’, allowing them to share their feelings about mental health
- An evidence-based questionnaire for each organisation to identify levels of resilience in your school or college
- A resilience profile and school resilience strategy
- Two school ‘priorities and planning’ sessions following your report
- Develop and upskill a ‘School Resilience Champion’
- A Resilience leadership Webinar Series for school leaders or governors
- Follow up questionnaire evaluation with evidence of progress made and recommendations for next steps
- Access to online resources
- Access to an online mental health directory
- Phone and email support
- Access to optional CPD sessions to further build knowledge
All of our programmes are grounded in applied positive psychology, and are recognised by CUREE (Centre for the use of Research and Evidence in Education) to have a “strong underpinning theory throughout, explicitly linked with better outcomes for students.”
We have filled all the places, but are developing a waiting list to extend the programme out to other regions. All of our programmes are totally bespoke, and designed to meet the needs of your children and staff. Get in touch with us to see how we can deliver the programme at your school or college.