Welcome to Worth-it Projects
Worth-it Projects apply practical approaches to promoting and protecting wellbeing. We specialise in early intervention and prevention of mental health problems, through improving emotional health and mental wellbeing of children, young people and schools. We develop mental health in schools, through a whole school wellbeing approach, workforce development and targeted support for students. We have created unique evidence based wellbeing training that supports practitioners to develop skills which build resilience and promote and protect emotional health and mental wellbeing of children and young people. We directly deliver positive education to prevent mental health problems developing for young people aged 13- 25 in social settings, at school or in the community. Worth-it Projects are the first organisation pioneering the use of positive psychology coaching to improve the emotional health and wellbeing of young people within educational settings. We have won awards for social enterprise and rank number one for the sector of Education and Youth on the SE100 social enterprise index 2014-15.
Our work has been proven to:
- Develop skills which improve wellbeing.
- Build resilience, confidence and emotional literacy.
- Improve attendance and attitude to learning.
- Improve engagement and achievement.
- Reduce symptoms of stress, depression and anxiety.
- Improve the use of positive coping strategies.
- Improve communication, interpersonal skills and relationships.
- Reduce the use of negative coping strategies such as self-harm.
We work with professionals, individuals, groups, schools and partner organisations to create positive change and improve self-worth, ensuring everyone we work with feels they are Worth-it!